0

Steve Buscemi spotted with black eye, swollen face after random NYC attack

Share

ad_1]

Actor Steve Buscemi was spotted with a black eye and bruising on his chin in his first appearance since getting slugged in a random attack in Kips Bay last week.

The 66-year-old “Boardwalk Empire” actor was sporting a black eye and a swollen chin while shooting a commercial in Soho on Saturday.

Buscemi could be seen in photos taken over the weekend chatting with crew members along Mott and Prince streets around 5:25 p.m.

It was his first public appearance since the broad-daylight attack on Wednesday, when a deranged brute walked up to the Brooklyn-born actor and slugged him in an unprovoked attack — with his attacker still on the loose, the NYPD told The Post.

“Steve Buscemi was assaulted in Mid-Town Manhattan, another victim of a random act of violence in the city,” the actor’s publicist said in a statement Sunday. “He is OK and appreciates everyone’s well wishes, though incredibly sad for everyone that this has happened to him while also walking the streets of New York.”

Buscemi is a beloved Big Apple celebrity, a Brooklyn native who served as a New York City firefighter before launching his big screen career.

Police last week released surveillance photos of his attacker.

Buscemi’s career has spanned decades and includes roles in hit films like “Fargo,” “Reservoir Dogs” and “The Big Lebowski.”

He drew acclaim for his role as crooked Atlantic City pol Enoch “Nucky” Thompson in the hit HBO series “Boardwalk Empire.”

He is the second cast member from the series to be attacked in the city.

On March 31, actor Michael Stuhbarg was jogging on the Upper East Side when a vagrant slammed him with a rock.

This is a breaking news event, please refresh for updates.


#Steve #Buscemi #spotted #black #eye #swollen #face #random #NYC #attack

Source by [author_name]